Choosing Your New Camera
Where To Start?
Either you are just entering photography as a hobby, or are already a seasoned expert – regardless there comes a time where you want to purchase a new camera! What considerations must be made when choosing your new camera? Well, here are a few questions to start with:
- Do you want to support a local store or shop online?
- How much weight do you want to be carrying around?
- How large of a camera would you want to carry? A full dSLR, a compact camera, or something in the middle such as a Canon Rebel.
- How much do you want to spend on your camera?
- Do you already have current gear of a particular brand?
- What flash card do you prefer using? CF, SD?
- Do you require a hot-shoe for an external flash?
- Do you prefer a live-display feature on your camera?
- What is the most popular camera in your local photography club? This may make it easier to follow lessons.
- What is your skill level? Do you really need a camera above your current skill level?